I read once that Avocado is an “aphrodisiac food.” After doing some searching, I found quite a bit of info that supports the idea, “Avocado can help you please her in bed.” This seed bearing fruit contains a wealth of nutrients which are known to maintain and improve not only sexual health, but also cardiovascular health as well.
The Avocado was once eaten by the Aztecs, to increase prowess, as a ‘fertility fruit.’ The Aztecs called the avocado tree “Ahuacuatl,” which in English means: “Testicle tree.”
Not surprisingly, once the Catholic Priests of Spain found out about this, ‘fertility fruit,’ fruit so obscenely sexual, that they forbid it.
What makes eating Avocados beneficial to mens sexual health?
Okay, here is a bunch of information I gathered for you on the nutrients that can be found beneficial to once sexual health, and maybe even help you last longer while having sex.
There are both Libido and performance enhancing nutrients found in Avocado:
- Fiber- healthy for circulation, healthy prostate.
- Vitamin C may contribute to decreased risk of cardiovascular disease and strokes through a small reduction in systolic blood pressure.
Fotherby, Martin; Williams, Julie; Forster, Louise; Craner, Paul; Ferns, Gordon (2000). “Effect of vitamin C on ambulatory blood pressure and plasma lipids in older persons”. Journal of Hypertension 18 (4): 411–5.
- Folate- Can support healthy blood flow, , good homocysteine levels and is good all around for cardiovascular function.
- Potassium- Needed for sex hormone production
- Glutathione- This is a Major androgenous antioxidant produced by the cells, works directly in the neutralization of free radicals, along with reactive oxygen compounds, and maintains exogenous antioxidants such as vitamins C and E in their reduced (active) forms. this is an important thing to get to maintain other sexual health related vitamin levels in the body.
This nutrient also aids in the Regulation of the bodies nitric oxide cycle, is critical for life.
Vitamin C- Vitamin C can potentially contribute to lowing your risk of cardiovascular disease and strokes, and in turn helping to keep or regain your sexual health through a small reduction in systolic blood pressure.
Stryer, Lubert (1995). Biochemistry, 4th Edition. W.H. Freeman and Company. pp. 732.
Vitamin E: It is known that women should eat avocados, rich in vitamin E, so that they stay moist “down there”and can use it intra-vaginally (using bottled oil) for lubrication.
Scholz RW. Graham KS. Gumpricht E. Reddy CC. Mechanism of interaction of vitamin E and glutathione in the protection against membrane lipid peroxidation. Ann NY Acad Sci 1989:570:514-7. Hughes RE. Reduction of dehydroascorbic acid by animal tissues.Nature 1964:203:1068-9.
- Glutathione can help the body to detoxify quite a few carcinogens (foreign compounds) and xenobiotics, organic and inorganic. This is including heavy metals like: mercury, lead, and arsenic
- Vitamin B6- A helpful nutrient for maintaining hormones at the proper level ?n the human body, which is a must if you want to last long and perform in the bedroom
Clementi, Emilio; Brown, Guy Charles; Feelisch, Martin; Moncada, Salvador; Bugg, S; O’Connell, MJ; Goldsbrough, PB; Cobbett, CS (1999). “Phytochelatin synthase genes from Arabidopsis and the yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe”. The Plant cell 11 (6): 1153–64